Friday, October 9, 2009

Save The Brilliant Easel Art School in Oxford, Mississippi, Today!

It seems many of the cool businesses in our town are struggling and/or closing up. I got an SOS from The Brilliant Easel this morning. They are trying to raise $2500.00 this weekend to stay up and running.

I know we are all strapped. I would hate to see an art school such as this one close up. It is located on North Lamar where the old Purple Haze store was. The fundraiser starts today, Friday October 9th, at noon, so if you want to donate any money, they will gladly take it.

I do not have much, but I will donate to the cause. Everyone needs art.

For any questions call Chandra Williams at 832-9339.

I wish we could have saved the Amp, Fig Tree produce and Mississippi Handmade (the latter is not gone but in Tula now) and all the other cool places that are folding up, but I did not know until it was too late. Let’s not let this happen with The Brilliant Easel.

They said any amount will help.

- Andi Bedsworth

No comments: