Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oxford, MS Walgreens is completely out of Flu Shots!!!













I got my flu shot last week at the Walgreens on University Avenue in Oxford.  It took about 30 minutes, and there were about 4 people waiting in line.  I'm glad I got it when I did because I just called Walgreens to confirm the information I was about to post and THEY ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF FLU SHOTS AND DO NOT KNOW IF THEY WILL BE ABLE TO GET ANY MORE.   I can't believe they ran out! 
I also inquired about the H1N1 vaccine.  The Oxford Walgreens does not have this vaccine, nor are they sure they will receive it.  The pharmicist also told me over the phone that he could not tell me at this time who will be eligible for this shot. 

Chaney's Pharmacy in Oxford, MS is still offering the flu shot, but you must call in advance on the day you wish to get the shot to see if there is actually someone present to administer the shot.  Call 662.234.7221.

The Ole Miss Health Services clinic is still giving flu shots but is very close to running out.  Their hours are Monday - Thursday, 8-5pm and Fridays 9-5pm.  They were supposed to have the H1N1 vaccines by mid-October 2009, but they have not yet received the them.  Call 662.915.7275 for more information.

1 comment:

IndoorCat said...

They are out of regular flu shots here in Richmond too! So glad you got yours!!!