Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I [heart] Star Package Wine & Spirits Store in Oxford, Mississippi!



Star Package - the best wine & spirits store in Oxford, Mississippi - now gives away these bottle totes when you purchase 6 bottles to a case.  How nifty is that?!  We have used our 2 Star Package tote bags twice all ready - they are majorly handy when travelling to the Grove.

It is my own opinion that Star Package is the best wine & spirits store in Oxford, although I do think they were voted best by a recent poll taken by The Local Voice.  The folks that work there are so pleasant - and they are so helpful and knowledgeable about what they are selling.  I was also so pleased/shocked to discover that this small, family-owned business also has a terrific website - so many businesses in Oxford do not have websites.  Check out Star Package's website and print their 10% off coupon!

Star Package Inc
308 Jackson Ave.
Oxford, MS 38655
Phone: 662-234-3331
Contact: jeannezinn@ms.metrocast.net

* Note of interest - When I first moved to Mississippi, I had never heard of a "Package Store."  I was driving around Oxford and saw Star Package for the first time and noticed all the alcohol bottles and liquor signs in the windows.  I went home and told my husband about the funny store that sells boxes as well as alcohol.  He explained to me how the name "Package Store" has stuck ever since the repeal of Prohibition in 1933.  Apparently a political compromise between the temperance movement leaders and the government was reached whereby containers of alcoholic beverages could not legally be carried in public without being concealed in a brown bag or "package."  Thus, stores that sold alcohol wrapped or "packaged" their bottles for their customers' convenience.

No comments: